What’s on your agenda this Easter weekend when most of us get four whole days off? Some of us opt to get stuck into a diy project whilst for others it’s about quality family time or getting out in the fresh air.
Here are our top ten ideas of how to get ready for Summer and enjoy the long weekend ahead.
- Powerhose the patio – not the most glamorous of jobs and if you have kids helping there is a chance you might all get a bit wet… Still the weather is looking promising so it might be a good cool down option! But getting rid of dirt, debris and moss can make your patio look like new plus gets rid of slippery patches ready for the Summer furniture.
- Go for a long walk – dog or no dog, getting outside in the great outdoors is brilliant for our mental health and gets the heart pumping. Plus you can opt for a solitary walk if the kids are driving you crazy or you can team it up with seeing friends at the same time.
- Clean the cars out – mud, dirt, water bottles, crisp packets, all can end up cluttering up your car so now is a great time to clear them out, give them a hoover and get them sparkling again. You could even wash the outside too!
- Create some beautiful new pots to encourage in pollinators – our UK garden centres are overflowing with new plants at the moment and it’s a great time to plant up a pot. All you need is a pot, some compost and a few plug plants to add colour to your front door. Instant kerb appeal and good for the environment too.
- Start off seedlings such as tomato and lettuce – if you fancy giving vegetable growing a go then pick up some seeds along with some seed compost as now is a great time to grow your own. Lettuce and tomatoes are so easy to grow and taste so different to supermarket veg.
- Bring the outside furniture out from the garage – we may all be able to enjoy being outside this weekend so get that furniture out of the garage and clean it all down. Perfect for a sundown glass of wine later on Friday.
- Get the kids Summer toys out and ready – and whilst you are in the garage you could get the kids Summer toys such as pools, cricket sets and water tables out and cleaned up. The kids will love having some new toys to play with.
- Tidy up the garage – now that you have moved items such as garden furniture and toys out, it’s a good time to sweep the floor and have a declutter of some of your old items.
- Go out on a family bike ride – getting outside with the family is a must when the weather is warm and the kids will love spending time with you. Find a safe route that isn’t too far or even cycle around your local park, there’s nothing better!
- Think about how you can make the garage space better organised – whilst you are enjoying your well earned aperitif why not think about how to make best use of your garage. Sometimes all you need is some easy to install storage to get it all back on track, or you might need a complete revamp.
Thankfully, Garageflex are here to help with all your garage needs – from simple storage to full makeovers. Why not get in touch to see how we can help you!
01491 579975 / email@example.com