Keeping electrical cables in good working order is imperative in your home AND your garage. We have compiled a list of top tips below to ensure your garage is safe both for you and your family.
1. Make sure all electrical cords are in good condition. Replace any that are frayed, knotted or coiled.
2. Check electrical ratings on appliance cords and extension cords. Make sure all appliances are carrying proper loads.
3 Outdoors, use only extension cords marked specifically for outdoor use.
4. Use child-resistant outlet covers on wall outlets if children live in or visit your home.
5. Check for safety certifications from recognised testing organisations on all electrical appliances, cords and fixtures.
6. Follow manufacturer’s recommendation for power usage. Use extension cords only temporarily. Remove extension cords when finished.
7. Keep all electrically powered appliances and equipment dry and away from exposure to water.
Contact Garageflex on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01491 636080.